Makes 24 Pupcakes!
2 cups water
1 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
2 carrots (grated)
2 tablespoon honey
2 bananas (mashed)
4 cups wholemeal flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
250 grams cream cheese
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together water, apple sauce, carrots, egg, honey, and mashed bananas. Once incorporated, add in the flour mixture until well combined.
- Line a muffin tray with cupcake cases and lightly grease inside the cupcake cases for easy removal. Spoon mixture into cupcake cases until about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until mixture is cooked. To test if the mixture is cooked, simply insert a toothpick into the centre of a pupcake, if it comes out clean then it’s cooked.
- Allow pupcakes to cool before icing.
- For the icing, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and honey until it’s a smooth consistency. For a more runnier consistency, add in little amounts of water until desired consistency. Ice the pupcakes and decorate (optional).
- Decorate your pupcakes with crushed dog biscuits, shredded coconut, crushed liver treats, carob or yoghurt dog friendly buttons/drops, or shredded carrots.
- Be sure to remove the cupcake cases before serving to your dog.
- Pupcakes will last up to a week and can be frozen.